What People Are Saying
About Julie Ellison
Quotes about Julie:
Quotes from people who've bought Julie's CD "At Last"
- "Fans of anyone from Bert Jansch to Joni Mitchell will find shades of what
they like here. The swift, tight finger picking that entwines with the dark
tones and emotional edge of her voice invite comparisons like these, but it
seems unfair when you think what other special, and highly individual,
qualities are at work here.
- "Julie is a terrific guitar player and she also writes great songs. She
shared the stage with me at the South Shields guitar festival and the
discerning audience loved her. She stormed it!
- "Prepare to be blown away!
Darlington Arts Centre
- "Superbly written songs and tunes, great singing and as for picking... Well, if anyone told me I play like a girl I'd be happy as long as the lady in question was Julie Ellison!
Gerry Cooper, writing to 'Acoustic' magazine in response to Julie's 'Good for a Girl' feature in issue 9
- "The best female guitarist I have ever seen.
Sue Dewsbury Gainsborough Festival Organiser
- "Brilliant guitarist.
The Topic, Bradford
- "One of Britains most talented and versatile guitarists.
- "...impressive, imaginative and diverse guitarist; exceptionally fine and expressive
vocalist; writer of powerfully compelling and memorable songs.
Folk On The Pier Festival
- "Julie Ellison was a guest at our club this year, she was a big hit with all of us,
even to giving Guitar lessons before her performance. John & Anne Taylor first saw Julie at
the Holmfirth Festival approximately two years ago, subsequently, she was invited to Guest
at the Conwy Folk Club, where it goes without saying that we were all thrilled with her
musical talent: great voice, and accomplished Guitar playing, mostly performing her
Conwy Folk Club Website.
- "Julie Ellison has a voice that transcends such a range of moods whilst her distinctive
guitar style provides the ideal embellishment to the song.
Wickersley Music Festival
- "A singular talent...
- "...Julie is an excellent guitarist and a lovely singer.
- "...a powerful and passionate performer, she is an excellent acoustic guitarist,
with a distinctive and evocative voice. Her music is in turn haunting, foot-tapping
- "An outstanding contemporary acoustic artist.
Customs House International Guitar Festival
- "Knocked out. Super songs, super recordings. Worth the wait!
- "The vocal and playing are so clear and pure, I know I have heard you live and
so know how well you perform, but capturing it on recording may have been difficult.
I think you have done it though and it is really beautiful.
- "Don't tell anyone, but I put your CD on, was reading the sleeve notes and the
second track started - and from the first few notes, I was crying like a child.
It's playing again now as I write - same effect. Wow. That's a killer of a song.
- "I have just been listening again, to your CD this morning. Just wanted to say how
much I admire it. I remember hearing Eva Cassidy for the first time and feeling the
quality of her voice. I think you have your own "quality" and it is superb.